Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Lex!!!!!



He's here! It took me too long to post...but Baby Lex made his debut May 7, 2009 at 5:53 PM after a painless labor thanks to that heavenly epidural:) He is so sweet!! I don't even want to say anything and jinx it- but the past five nights he has slept for a good seven hours straight- and then I feed him and he's out for another four...he is truly an angel. Pierce and Cash are doing so great with him, too. I could not have imagined that they would be so sweet to their baby brother. They like to take turns kissing him and patting his head... and 'helping' to change his tiny diaper. The only problem I am currently having is being a little bit out of commission while I nurse him. I swear my boys get a gleam in their eye when i sit down to feed him and in no time they are jumping off the ottoman on to the couch and onto each other- which is fine for a while- and they laugh hysterically when they fall or when they get a good body slam occasionally- but inevitably one of them ends up in tears (usually poor Cash) and then I feel like octomom as I try to comfort one while nursing the other.
I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband, too. He has been so great with me and the boys. Every day when he comes home he takes the two older ones out and has really let me have time to just heal and spend time with the wee one. I don't know what has gotten into him- but I am LOVING him this past week:) Thank you, my angel. They sure do have his number, though.. He took them out the other day and came back with like five huge bags from toys r us- he can never say anything to me again about my super target habit.
I truly love all my boys. I could also never have imagined that I would love THREE boys so much. Lex was definitely part of our family before, and I am so glad he is finally here!

























12 comments:

Jackie S. said...

Congrats Anna! He is so cute and some of those pictures are priceless! Love the name...

Shaun and Aimee said...

He's perfect! I am glad to hear the labor went so well and that he is such a good sleeper. Congrats!

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

Anna, he is adorable! And I love his name. Little boys are truly the sweetest! And how great that he is such a wonderful sleeper. I think baby #3 just knows that they have to be patient and angelic and loving, right? I'm so happy for you and Mauricio. Congrats to the two older bros, as well. I'm still in awe of you that you are doing 3 kids under 3.5. Amazing!

I'm coming into town this weekend and would love to drop by and see you! Maybe we could get some girls together and go to the park for lunch or something. Let me know what your schedule looks like Friday afternoon.

Take care! And congrats!
Amy

Jessica said...

oh anna, he is beautiful. you have the perfect little family. i love the name too!

Ashlee Merback said...

He is beautiful! Of course I would expect nothing less coming from you! I hope he stays nice and sweet and sleepy for you. Congrats! Yeah for three boys! Maybe someday we will get to buy something pink...or maybe not! Give him a little snuggle from the Merbacks.

Christen said...

way to go mauricio. the baby looks like a doll. so perfect. i'm glad we're finally in the same place so you can stop asking me what it's like to have one, two, and three kids. ;) you're going to be great at it! i hope i can meet the little ones in the next month or whenever is a good time. what color are the baby's eyes?

Unknown said...

Good work Anna! Sounds like everything is going smoothly for you! Have you taken them out by yourself yet? Can't wait to hear that story!(hehe!)

Joyner Family said...

Congratulations! Lex is so beautiful. I love his cheeks! It sounds like you are all doing great. Please call me if you need anything, I would love to help in any way!

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for Lex! He is beautiful just like me. Thank you Anna for giving me a beautiful son. We now have the 3 amigos! Many times I weep just thinking about it.

Ammon and Becky Sullivan said...

Yaaaaaaaaaa he is so cute Anna! I'm so glad he has been such an angle so far! Lets hope he stays that way forever! Congrats Mommy dearest!

Lauren said...

We've been out of town so I had no idea- congrats! He is such a doll! I'll call you when we get back and bring you some dinner!

Ash said...

Congratulations! What a beauty! 3 BOYS! I see you've made contact with Ashlee! I think you two could relate on the boy front! Glad your labor went well and that he's a good sleeper. That is truly a blessing! You look great! What a cute pregnant woman!