Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sweet Monsters

Just when I think I am about to cage these guys up they decide to do something that wipes out all of their evil doings for the day. A typical day for me involves getting things done in the two minute increments that fall between one scuffle and the next. I have learned to embrace this because it really gives me an excuse to stay in my pajamas all day long and to not dry my hair if I don't feel like it. (and no, friends- I have not TOTALLY let myself go...I pick up the hairdryer on the occasional saturday:) But lets not dwell on how trashy I have become- this story is about my angels. I think they know when I am starting to feel like a failure as a mother because the other day just before a tear leaked out of my non-mascara wearing eye, I came over and saw these two playing in the mirror. They were laughing and whispering and laughing some more and as I sat there I heard Pierce saying 'I love you 'lil cash' and 'here you go, Cash' and

'watch me' as he proceeded to put things on his head and make them fall off purely for Cash's enjoyment. I know it was only a few minutes- but nothing makes me happier than to see my boys loving each other. I live for moments like this when I can see them as the best friends they are going to be... I love my boys. This is just one of the many pictures I have taken of Cash with his twin- my dad. Everyone thinks they look exactly alike- and I somewhat agree- but the really wierd thing is how much Cash loves him. He NEVER cuddles like this with anyone- but if my dad is anywhere to be found Cash seeks him out- walking over to him with his arms up saying 'papa' until my dad picks him up and thats not all- as soon as he picks him up Cash LAYS his HEAD on papa's shoulder and smiles...this is not a joke. he doesn't even do this with me when he is tired. If I say 'do you want to go see papa?' he starts doing a little tap dance and saying his name. If we are with the fam and he gets upset about something its papa he wants to be comforted by, not me. And one last thing- the other night my dad came by after he went to the gym just to say goodnight to the boys and Cash (they were watching bee movie) flung himself over to papa- and while still watching the show grabbed the collar of his tee shirt with one hand and sat playing with his (own) bellybutton with the other. it's a little disturbing... but it's so cute!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christen said...

anna. i haven't been on here in a while and look at all i've missed. no seriously, look. you post like, every great day of your life. kudos to you for great record keeping and a really fun read. i miss you guys; we still really care about you all. i wish someday we could live a little closer and all be besties. by the way, i've got dibs on one of the boys for meredith.

Circuit Fam said...

It is so good to hear that someone else only brings out the blow dryer upon occasion. I mean how did we ever do out hair everyday in the younger years. Oh, ya, we had and hour to get ready not 2 minutes. :) That story of you boys is precious. I love having my boys and amidst the chaos find the minute of brotherly love touch me. And now you get to have another. Lucky you...I want to be invited to your husbands blog. (I still don;t know if it is for real??) My email stacy.circuit@gmail.com
Take Care

Matt and Kay Jones said...

Where have I been? I swear this is the first time I am looking at your blog since Halloween! Your boys are adorable, but there is just one thing... I can't decide which one gets to marry Reese. We will just have to let them duke it out in September... when I am in Texas...

Jackie S. said...

Hello my trashy friend! What is sad is that I go out in public (work) without making myself presentable...but that is another story. It is amazing at how fast time flies. I remember the day you left good 'ole Pearland with Cash in your belly. I have always known that I am terrible about keeping in touch...but this is ridiculous! We miss you!

Shaun and Aimee said...

Ain't nothin wrong with jammies and crazy hair. Sometimes it's a necessity. You're marvelous and so are your little monsters. Can't wait for the third little guy...i'll race you to the delivery toom!

Christen said...

i don't know how to get ahold of you but we will plan a visit in the next couple months! please get a facebook page. you'll enjoy it and we can talk more. look me up under christen vincent wells after you sign up.

Christen said...

i like your profile music.