Thursday, July 16, 2009

First trip to the Beach!



My Dad and Pierce


Maurice being a starfish

My Darling Lex

The Fame minus the wee one
nana and papa- livin' it up like young folk...
Maurice in the 'rainforest'- being the mule like a champ

Me in the shark cage- don't worry guys, it wasn't really in the ocean.

fish.


My wonderful husband took a little time off work (finally!) to dedicate to the new fam- so we decided to take the boys to the beach last week. We knew they would love it- just not how much! They could have stayed on that sand all day! it truly was the perfect vacay for our little family. I felt really old packing up a cooler and taking a roadtrip with just us...maybe thats because we really are old. Anywho- we spent four days down there- we went to moody gardens and it was fun but hot; and then pretty much just alternated from the pool to the beach and back again. My kind of vacation. The 'rents came down for a day and stayed with us, too, which was such a treat. Who knew the elderly could be such party animals?! I was so glad they decided to come-Not only do the boys LOVE them, but it allowed us to play a little more- and it gave me some company while I nursed at the beach (which is not exactly the most ideal place to nurse, believe it or not). I would say all in all it was a great success and we definitely have ourselves some good memories. Like the speeding ticket I got at 1:45 am :) I love female cops...

6 comments:

Jessica said...

looks like a fun time - i would say you guys are definitely party animals

Ashlee Merback said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashlee Merback said...

Anna, your boys are adorable! Can we come with you next time? Our land-locked selves could sure use some beach time! Just imagine what six little boys could so...

Jackie S. said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! Too bad we missed ya'll.

Ash said...

Hey ANNA! You look great...seriously! Cute fam!

Christen said...

How fun! I can't believe you didn't call. You jerk.