Saturday, December 27, 2008

Its a....

Boy! Can you believe it? I wouldn't either if I hadn't seen the package myself before she even announced it. Three boys... who would have thought:) I have been spending the last little while thinking of all of the top ten wonderful things about having three little monsters:

wait...I'm still thinking....
kidding!

1. Sports. Need I say more? they can all practice with eachother on a regular basis- and if they are truly our children we do not have to worry about their abilities- MVP's for certain...(We'll love them if they are into dance, too, of course)

2. Toys. No need to buy any of that cheesy dress up fluff and dolls and babies- actually no need to buy anything at all! I think we've pretty much got it all covered. If I get one more toy car for these rascals I wont have a place to sleep!

3. Matching clothes. Anyone who knows my boys knows I have a thing for them dressing alike- now I can just buy THREE of whatever I find! How easy is that?

4. Post-baby workouts. Done. I already break a sweat keeping these two monsters safe, close, and out of danger- not to mention keeping them off my back- literally. If I ever decide to sit on the floor for something it better take one second or I have both boys launching themselves off the furniture and on to me until I surrender and play dead (but that doesn't really work either, does it)

5. Movies. they always get to watch one movie after dinner and baths at night- and my boys will always love the same shows. Who wants to watch these pansy barbie princess flicks anyway?

6. Fast-forward a few years... weekends. Won't it be nice when all the dirty boys in my family decide to go camping or fishing...I think I am really loving this three boy thing already!

7. Drama. I don't even need to say it. Those of you with girls probably already know what you're in for- and apart from maybe having to break girls hearts now and then:) I am hoping for a pretty drama free adolesence.

8. Mommy worship. Boys love their moms, what can I say?

9. Imagining them as perfect husbands one day. Hopefully we can raise them to be dream men for all the lovely ladies out there- I got lucky..but we all know there is a shortage. (and since all of my friends are having girls- maybe we can work out some betrothals, etc.)

and the number one reason having three boys is better than ANYTHING else....

10. Maurice said that he always hoped that I would be the only girl he had to spoil for the rest of his life:)

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Anna, #10 is the cutest thing EVER!!! Congrats anyway!

Joyner Family said...

Congratulations. You will truly love having all those boys. And its totally true about the weekend thing. I am at least granted one weekend per year with the father son camp out. Its great. And yes, boys DO love their mommies. How awesome is that? I am so excited for you!

Jessica said...

Right on! Being the only girl in the house is the best!

Lauren said...

There is nothing better than little boys! I loved your #10! I still think you should try for a fourth though!

Shaun and Aimee said...

I love it too! At first, I was wishing a girl for you but after reading your list I can see you are meant to be a great mom of three boys! Congrats on another little male miracle. We love you and miss you a ton!

Anonymous said...

Anna is the only girl I will ever have to spoil. She is my friend and my only love bird. Anna is my everything and she is the only girl who has the key to open the gate to my heart.

"I am so excited and I just can't hide, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it."...to quote the Pointer Sisters. Another sexy boy like me makes my life complete, three peas in a pod. Another boy to teach my secrets to manhood. I am soooo blessed...YIPEE!

Anonymous said...

More Pointer Sisters lyrics that help me express my joy:

"Let's get excited, and I just can't hide it.
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.
I know, I know, I know, I know baby I want you.
I want to love you, feel you, dance around you.
I want to squeeze you, and please you.
I'm so excited, can't get enough!
I'm so excited!"

Circuit Fam said...

I just read Dentist Mauricio's profile and want to be invited to view his blog....is he for real.... love it. Anyway congrats on having another penis (I used the technical term for you) in the house. I know I am going to have like 5 boys, I can feel it. Loved your list and am stoked for you.