Friday, December 5, 2008

thanksgiving (from my camera which I didn't actually have on thanksgiving)

This was my first year to actually host a thanksgiving dinner at my house- and I must say, it was wonderful. That might be because I was only actually in charge of a few pies and some rolls- but I was a hostess just the same, right? We had Mauricio's family in from El Sal and Colorado- with cousins Jake and Logan (which was really fun for Pierce- except for when he had to share the little batman car that he had never touched before last week) and my brother in-laws mom and sister and his sister's 2 kiddos. It was definitely a full house- but what else is thanksgiving for? My mother and father in law stayed with us for almost two weeks and Pierce was LOVING it. He would walk in the door yelling for them- and sometimes I would be in the bathroom and he would ask 'where's aba? where's papu?' it was really cute- and after they left he asked for them all day...sad. Cash was playing hard to get all week except for a few choice moments at the dinner table when he decided to give out kisses- which everyone took advantage of (and we captured it on camera, just not mine- and as soon as Karla (hint hint) and mi suegra email them to me I can post them). I had a ton of fun- and a lot of food-and that was my goal from the beginning:) So- this picture is Karla, mauri's sister, and my sweet cash...



This is how we found pierce at about 6:30 one night after everyone had gone- he had fallen asleep on the couch which has never happened befor in his life! I think maybe the cousins wore him out?


This is Aba and Cash- te amo aba!!!! we miss you already!



This is Pierce squashed up in a ball...


and this is Pierce and Cash in lightning mcqueen. Pierce thought cash was out of line for getting in and trying to take his turn. Do I win mother of the year award for taking a picture before stopping the abuse?
and I put a pink background on this blog for the next week and a half - we find out what we are having on the seventeenth of december...





0 comments: